Monday, February 18, 2013

Follow up

Well I had my follow up with Dr. Connor (Breast Surgeon) and Dr. Ponnuru (Plastic Surgeon).  First off.... My pathology report is negative!!!!  I now have less than 3% lifetime risk of breast cancer.  (much better than my previous 80-85% risk!) I am healing well.  I still have more drainage than what we would like.  So I still have my drains.  Dr. Ponnuru reminded me that I am to be recovering during my recovery!!!!  That means do absolutely nothing.  That sounds like an easy job with a 2 and 4y/o. huh. I have gone the last couple of days without needing any narcotics for pain, except right before bedtime.  That is a huge step.  It has also helped my nausea tremendously! I am feeling pretty good today, although being in the car for 2 hours (one way) did make my stomach turn some. I am not too bad now.  I guess I am not real talkative right now.  Maybe time for a nap.  I have another follow up with the plastic surgeon on February 26th.  Hopefully my drains will be removed then!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment