Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Drains, Drains, Drains

Well, I was supposed to see the plastic surgeon yesterday.  My appointment got canceled since KC was expecting their second blizzard in less than a week yesterday.  So first thing this morning I called Dr. Ponnuru's nurse.  Dr. Ponnuru is out of town until next week.  Since I am a nurse, I was given the go ahead to have someone pull my drains if they remain at or below 30ml/24hr. My left drain has been at 30 ml/day for 4 days except on Monday it was up to 35ml.  So if today my left one remains at 30ml I can pull it tomorrow.  YEA!!!!  Now if my right one would ever cooperate, it has been at 35ml/day for the past 5 days.  My next appointment with Dr. Ponnuru is Tuesday March 5th.  I am hoping he will sign my fit for duty form so I can go back to work on Wednesday. March 6th is 4 weeks post-op.  Since I have been a problem child with my drains, I don't know if I should push it and ask Dr. Ponnuru if I can run in the St. Patty's Day fun run on March 16th.  Not quite sure how I could talk him into it. I could go along the lines of "it is only 2 miles...."  Ha!  I am not sure if he is even going to let me go back to work March 6th. Plus just taking a shower makes me want to take a nap. I doubt cardio is in my near future.  I need to start doing something though!!!  I have been on the worst junk food kick lately.  Potato chips are awesome!!! I am starting to feel soft though.  Junk food plus having to sit in the recliner all day.  That is not good for the body.  Guess that is all for now.  Lets hope for drains out by the end of the weekend!!! Sweet!!

2 comments:

  1. Im so sorry you're feeling sluggish. Reading your blog makes me feel less pitiful though. Today Im having such an emotional day because I just don't have energy and I'm thinking it has to be me just being lazy. Which frustrates me. You've once again eased my concerns :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was having an emotional day the other day. I couldn't even say why. You have been such a wonderful person to go through this with. Even though we are miles apart and have never met, I feel like you have been by my side the entire time!

      Delete